1/27/09

Whirlwind of a New Year... and then SCHOOL!

It's been forever since I posted last and I also have pics to post of some events since Christmas... I'm a little behind and the battery is DEAD! God has done so much and his plans turned out to be so different from mine- thank goodness!!! So I got enrolled in school and began making preparations. Christmas was coming and I wasn't sure how things were going to work with my job situation. I was praying and knew that despite having put money away and being debt free (YAY!) it would be difficult without an income. January 29th I was laid off from Leonard's after having worked there for almost 7 years. It was a total answer to prayer because I would now qualify for unemployment! I promptly filed and anxiously awaited my first check. Meanwhile, another huge blessing was having some time off before starting the program. I got completely moved in to my mom's house over New Years weekend and began getting all of the things that I would need to be prepared for school. Scrubs, shoes, pens, paper, etc (you get the picture). My dad offered to pay for my kit (included blow dryer, straightener, shears, clippers, razor, rollers, mani supplies, books, and a ton of other stuff!). This was a huge chunk of my tuition!!! Actually almost 1/3 of it. The first week of school was INSANE. We learned so much so fast and they already had us cutting hair and performing other treatments. I was studying every night for several hours but loving every minute of it. The girls at school are all very young but I am now getting to the point of developing some sort of relationship with them and getting to share my testimony and a bit of the gospel as well. The time has been rad for me and I find myself being way less dependent on others and so much more on the Lord being that I'm not surrounded by friends on a day to day basis. At the end of my first week of school I received a letter and my unemployment was denied. I found myself anxious at first and thinking that I was really going to have to get a job but uncertain how to juggle that and school. My program is 40 hours a week before homework and I'm finding myself EXHAUSTED at night! I took the opportunity to appeal the decision and my mom and papi have graciously offered to help if/when I need it financially. God continues to be so good to me through this whole pursuit and I'm thankful and really having a great time growing, learning and being blessed.

1 comment:

nic lazz said...

great to hear you are doing well nick-ster! miss you! if you ever need to cut some more hair, let me know.