9/23/09

a few funnies...

A few weeks ago I had a client. She was a super sweet older lady- or as we refer to them "mature clients". I was giving her a deep conditioning treatment and while I was over her while her head was in the bowl she said to me, "Honey, are you wearing men's deodorant?" I kinda laughed and quickly began explaining that it was because it works much better than women's and apologized that it was apparently too strong. She then responded, "Honey, no man is going to marry any girl who smells like a boy." I just laughed and said, "Oh, is THAT my problem?" CLASSIC!

Last weekend I was meeting a few classmates at Starbucks so that we could attend a hairshow together. They were all late (way to throw 'em under the bus) so I grabbed my coffee (iced coffee w/ 3 pumps of white mocha for anyone who feels inclined to grab me one) and sat outside enjoying some pretty incredible weather. While waiting, I decided to browse facebook since I had no real book with me. Suddenly, I hear this voice say to me in a deep accent, "excuse me, but may I pay you a compliment?" I looked up and there was this 40 something year old man dressed in a business suit. I hesitated and then said, "um, sure." He then said (in his thick accent), "excuse me but, you have a beautiful face." I totally laughed at him! How on earth do you navigate that? Do you say, thanks for the compliment but you could be my dad? Or yeah, too bad the rest of the package isn't as nice? What was he looking for here?! I was floundering for a minute and came up with, "oh, um thanks". He proceded to introduce himself as Anthony but he said it as, "Antoni". Maybe italian??? Then he kissed my hand. Hmmmm... by this time I'm looking for the hidden camera and who is playing a joke on me this was too weird. He returned back to his seat and we didn't speak again until he left and then said, "you have a great day beautiful Nickie." Okay, so now all of me was beautiful? I couldn't keep up!!! Later I was recapping the story for my classmates when my sweet, 19 year old classmate interupted and said, "Wait, he was 40?! Isn't that like only 10 years older than you?!" OUCH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iced white mocha is my favorite too. You don't look close to 40! I also have found that Clinical strength secret works!