I have a friend in class who is a Christian and she and a few ladies from her church are involved in a group that go to visit an abused woman's shelter (safe house) often. They were planning to host a Mother's Day tea for these ladies (most of them have children and they are also with them). My sweet friend took it a step further and came up with the idea of a spa night. She came to class and asked me and a few other classmates if we'd be interested in hosting this and giving these ladies treatments (mani, facials and waxing). There ended up being I believe 10 of us. They allowed us to come in and completely transform their facility. In one room we removed all of the furniture, made it very dark, played some Sade with candles and aromatherapy oils everywhere. We even brought in lounge chairs (patio furniture) to use as facial beds. Our school donated the facial supplies and we brought a crockpot to use as a towel warmer! That was the room that I was stationed in. It was my favorite and was the most relaxing atmosphere!!! The other room was for manicures and waxing. They had some more upbeat music and more chitchat. The third room was the waiting area where the ladies signed up for different treatments. One of the ladies from the church also brought some fruit and lemon water. We were a TRAVELING SPA!!! :) These ladies don't have time or money for themselves so this was such a treat for them. I was SOOO BLESSED to get to experience this. Just to see that God's letting me use this new trade for others is really cool. It's so much more than just what will be my livelihood in the future. We even ended up extending the time for the night after having such a great turnout and talking with a few of the ladies. At the end, my friends pastor even shared a bit which was really cool as well. I don't even think that my words can express what a great time I had that night.
I took some pics with my phone but can't get them to send!!! I'll try and post if I can...
2 comments:
Nikki, that is awesome!
Sorry!! Nickie!! :-)
Post a Comment