3/19/09

My Instructor is INSANE!

Just to clarify, I want to be as respectful as possible but there's no other way to slice it- My instructor is a LOON! Just a brief background. I passed Freshman level and started sophomore level this Monday. It's really fast paced, a lot to do and all new instructors. We have 5 and they break up the week amongst themselves which makes for confusion on when we have whom. So... today and yesterday we had this sweet, hip looking older lady who came in and introduced herself to our class. At that time she explained that she's responsible for teaching us tools and techniques to "salon success" and that we all needed to have self esteem and to be "healthy". I'm pretty sure that she had lost ALL of the class within 10 minutes. She's totally scatterbrained and all over the place. She was telling us about self esteem, our class project, a vocabulary test and our anatomy test all at the same time!!! I was pretty frustrated and heard grumblings from the class which echoed what I was keeping inside. I decided that I would give her the benefit of the doubt. That she had a lot to cover and not much time. Well, I was wrong- the lady is crazy. Today sealed it. So we get into class this morning for our test review. She has us split up and sit on separate sides of the class and we play "review volleyball" (um... did I miss something? Are we 10?!). It's a mess, she didn't give us the right questions and answers and the class was chaotic and loud. THEN she puts in a DVD which will explain what we are to be doing for the day and she kept pausing it to give unrelated instruction. After the video was over no one knew what was going on. She told everyone a different procedure and at the end just told us it didn't matter (excuse me?! "Um, I'm sorry Mr Client but my teacher told me 'it doesn't matter how your hair looks,' so who cares that you're now completely bald?!") I'm kinda thinking that that won't fly. Here's the real kicker. While everyone is trying to figure out how to complete this set that "doesn't matter" we hear a loud boom (like a bass drum). A girl screams and told us that a huge spark flew out of the shampoo bowl. No one really believed her until we heard it again and saw it for ourselves. There is an outlet on the wall in between 2 of our shampoo bowls that had nothing plugged in or water anywhere around it but this boom happened and about a foot and a half of a spark of some sort came out of it into the air. We all freaked and as I attempted to get the teachers attention she said, "Oh really? Excuse me class, who has my brush?" (wait, seriously?!) Another student had to finally go get another teacher, explain what was going and have her come over and have the breaker shut off until the problem was dealt with and the smell of burning something was addressed. She NEVER acknowledged that there was a problem! I found that somewhat disturbing especially after all of her other behavior. I think it's safe to say that the other teacher reported her... This semester is going to be interesting to say the least!

No comments: