4/28/09

Yes, it can happen... tales from Cosmo

It can actually happen. Thankfully it did NOT happen to me but one of my poor classmates. I've always had a fear and phobia of nail glue because I've gotten my fingers stuck to the bottle before or even to other surfaces. My specific fear in regards to this horrible liquid is that I would put the cap in my mouth and my lips would be glued shut. I'm sure that others have way more serious fears but this one for me would be scarring. Today, my classmate (she's totally sweet) was working on a set of nails on her fake fingers and when she opened up the tube of nail glue it squirted out by force INTO HER EYE!!! All of a sudden she said, "I can't..." and started crying really loud. My instructor rushed over (she sits behind me) to assess the damage. She was rushed immediately to the nurse and then off to the emergency room. It didn't just glue the lid shut but actually glued her eye. HOW AWFUL!!! I'm not sure of the treatment but they were able to do several rinses and flushes and her sight should be fine... That's truly something that would happen to me!!!

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

How awful! Poor thing. Didn't realize this cosmo stuff is dangerous!! Be careful!

Chris, Aubrey, and Karsten said...

YIKES!!!! I would freak out! Glad she will be ok!