1/13/10

I'm LICENSED!!!

January 12, was my stateboard examination up in Glendale. The couple weeks leading up to the test I was MIA since studying and stressing were high priority! My mom ended up being my model (decided Monday morning!) The night before the test I barely slept at all. Does anyone REALLY sleep the night before something big? If so I wanna know the trick! My alarm went off at 4:15am. After showering and eating the only thing I didn't feel like I'd throw up (apple sauce) we left for our destination. We were pretty conservative with time and ended up getting there an hour early! At the testing facility, I was so thankful to see that Jessica (a classmate) was already there! We were able to go together to pick up our kits and then get in line. Well, we were so early that we went upstairs to line up for registration. Little did we know that the line was forming downstairs! Finally after having been there waiting for 30 minutes a lady walked out and told us where we needed to be! So... after being FIRST, we now had to get to the back of the line! By this time the other girls from our class showed up as well. (We had a rare thing happen- 7 of us from the same class had the same test date!) We attempted to all get in line together and then my mom proceeded to regulate the line and send all cutters to the back! :) I was a total Klutz and kept dropping EVERYTHING which caused me to wash and disinfect a LOT! I was pretty confident with my practical even though I gave my mom a REALLY bad haircut because I only had 5 minutes left and the makeup that I applied on her face made her look like Bozo the clown!!! She was sweet despite all of the abuse I put her through! Then came the written which I thought I was prepared for. When the questions started coming, I was pretty sure we had covered NONE of them in school! The bottom line is that I passed!! Now my real job hunt has begun and I gotta get something going!!! :)

PS... as a reward, I took a roadtrip to see my family in Portland. That post will come next!!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

WAY TO GO!!!!! SO excited for you!