4/16/10

Whipping the Body into Submission!!

This year I had a rude awakening. 1. I'm knocking on the door of being 30! 2. I received some mildly alarming news about the state of my health and 3. I'm NOT at all happy with the way that I look! With this being said, I decided to do something about it! But... where to start?!

A few friends/acquaintances of mine let me know about this Dr that they'd been seeing and had lost some weight as a result. I did a little research and learned that it sounded like something that would give me a good jump start to becoming a healthier (and hopefully svelte!) version of me!!! Once a month you go in and weigh, take stats, and get some appetite suppressants (which I'm happy to repeat after 2 months I could technically stop taking them and be fine!). Also weekly you're given a Vitamin Cocktail shot in the rear. OUCH :X The Dr is great and they even have a guy on staff who goes over diet and exercise plans. Oh yeah, the best part... it's $60 a month!! My Dr cut me to 1237 calories a day (let me tell you, that is NOT much!!! esp after realizing what I once consumed!!!). Also encouraged me to do at least 30 min of cardio 3 times a week. Exercise is hard for me- I get bored!!! So... I started reading, researching and pouring over books/websites in order to learn about food (that is what I love after all!!!). I've learned a TON!!! Drinking water has been KEY!!! Next was implementing the dreaded exercise. I bought an at-home mini stair stepper. It's basically just the feet part with resistance bands. Also time to return to 24 hour fitness!!! I started doing cardio and began enjoying it but still wasn't totally sold. Meanwhile, in the first month I lost 10 pounds. My Dr was pleased esp since quite a few of my health concerns began to decrease!! This next month has been totally exciting!!! Instead of being calorie obsessed I've really strived to be educated in WHAT I'm eating. I've cut out white flour/sugar almost completely. As well, as coffee, soda (both have been cut out since before I started on Feb 1st) and red meat. This was much easier than I thought and I FEEL so much better!!! Next I decided to take a few classes at the gym to see what I liked. I did Aqua aerobics one morning, after an intense night of weight lifting. I thought it would be a light workout. Yeah right!!! Apparently the sub instructor that was there was a drill sergeant on the weekends or something. I was SOOOO sore!!! It was great though!!! I've brought several friends with me who are now loving the class as well. (I go Mon, Wed, and Fri). I also took a ZUMBA class. HOLY COW! It was INTENSE!!! I've never sweat that much in my life. Or felt so stinkin' white. These girls in here had moves and I just couldn't thrust or gyrate like them! hahaha... I wasn't sure if that was even something that was OKAY to do in public!!! Maybe in my B.C. days??? :/ Anyhow, another phenomenal class!!! Last night I was able to button a pair of pants that I've never been able to!! AND today, at just shy of 7 weeks, I weighed in at losing 20 pounds!!!!! SUCH a great feeling!!! Also, I've been measuring and taking pics throughout so I can SEE my progress. I pretty much just wanna motivate and encourage anyone who wants to make a change. It's SO much easier than I ever thought!!! For me it's planning, self-control and finding what it is that I like to do for physical activity and also just pushing myself. I even accomplished 100 sit ups the other night!!! :) This is probably a bore but I hope that it can encourage someone. Email me with questions, I've learned a ton and if I don't know, it may be something that I need to so I'll look it up! :)

1 comment:

Hannah Sivilay said...

I LOVE THIS NICKIE!!!! So good, and sooooo encouraging. It has been easier than I envisioned and very rewarding. keep going! And Keep posting your progress!