5/4/10

Yoga

I wanna know who's seen Brian Regan's bit about yoga.... This was me yesterday! I'm at a total of 28 lbs weight-loss and decided to try yoga. Picked up a cute mat- check. Got to the gym on time- check. Good friend in tow- check. I headed in to the class and of course the only two spots available were in the very front of the class to the left of the instructor and right in front of the mirror. NICE... NOT! How hard can yoga be I thought to myself. It's just a bunch of stretching and relaxing. So we did so many downward dogs that the back of my legs are more sore than they've ever been!! Next we had to do this pose (not sure of the name) where my shin was parallel to the front of the mat and I was sitting on my hip with the other leg behind me. NOT comfortable. At one point my body was shaking uncontrollably. Apparently I don't have a ton of core strength. Overall, I had fun but my body is rebelling today... can't wait til my next class!

No comments: