11/22/08

Oodles is Hibernation???

I feel like it's been forever since I blogged last! Well, here's an update of my life to date. I have been sick on and off for over a month. Right now I feel GREAT and am thankful for good health but there were several days that I was praying that the Lord would just bring me home (SERIOUSLY!). I had the worst case of the flu I have ever had in my life resulting in me not eating a "real" meal for 4 days and losing 6 pounds (YES!). I seriously was miserable and that was my SECOND round with it! In between my allergies were out of control and I lost my voice as a result. All that to say, I did enjoy the downtime and opportunity to rest my body and evaluate how I was not taking care of myself. In the midst of all of that I also had the opportunity to watch the Stead kids for the weekend while their parents went away with the rest of the junior high youth staff from church on a staff retreat. I had a BLAST with those kids!!! Jack and Joey are really fun and Sarah is such a great helper. It cracked me up because JT is the "cool" guy now! :) Fun stuff! I have pics that I'll post when my battery gets charged! What else??? Hmmm... I've been moving a little (AGAIN!). I'm so over moving!!! In the past 7 years I've moved 6 times and this is making the 7th move. UH! :( Today we're celebrating Kara's (aka Precious) 16th birthday! I can't believe that she's so old already!!! I have pics and I'll post those later as well. This morning has been full of Rockbank on the Wii and I think we're (Kara, her friend Ashley and I) are ready to take our act on the road! Oh yes and I had a near death experience on the freeway where I lost my phone last weekend! The book study that I was doing with the Kaleo ladies ended this week and that was a great time as well!!! So much going on and in the midst of all of that, I'm making my first turkey ever today!!! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments: