12/15/08

Anyone got an oar?!

It's raining today. Well, that's an understatement. I'm in OC and I think it's been raining since 10pm last night and we've gotten at least 17" of rain already. Okay, maybe a bit dramatic but the ground and gutters are definitely not absorbing at a quick enough pace to keep up. We had a death in the family (step-dads) and my mom and Jerry needed to travel to Henderson, NV to attend so they coaxed me into taking a PT day and playing mom. I didn't come prepared with enough to do being locked up in the rain and all and I'm BORED! I'm currently waiting to have the opportunity for the second time today to battle soccer moms who can't drive and wait in the never ending student pickup line at the school. YES! Oh then it's homework, cook dinner and read bed time stories. Hmmm... being a mom is a very task oriented position! We're having fun though. Last night we decorated the tree. I made hot cocoa, we turned on some Christmas music and the three of us (Cheyanne, Travis and I) decorated and wrestled wet dogs away from eating the ornaments!
Here's a picture of them busily working. I took this with my phone because I didn't have my camera with me so it's not great quality. I keep forgetting my camera everywhere I go!!! :( Anyhow, we had a good time. I have to catch up on a few other posts as well so stay tuned!

No comments: