While blogging about my little sisters graduation, I failed to mention this funny misunderstanding....
Attending the party were family, a ton of friends and a few of my dad as well as step mom's co-workers. One of the guys my dad works with came with his wife and 5 year old son. None of us had ever met them before. I answered the door for them and welcomed them to our (my dad's) home and sent them to the kitchen/backyard where the festivities were taking place. Later in the evening, Janine (the wife) was asking me what I was going to do next. I told her that for now I'm in Orange County and not too sure about plans but waiting to see how things panned out in terms of a job. She then said to me, oh I thought you wanted to go to college and work with animals. I said, oh, I just finished up at the college. A few more exchanges took place and I realized that she had me mixed up with my 17 year old, recently graduated, younger sister. I said to her, I'm Nickie not Kara. I'm old and graduated about 20 years ago. She was laughing so hard as well as everyone who heard our conversation. I was exasperated that she thought I was 17! Everyone thought that my indignation was humorous. I on the other hand walked away thinking, is my behavior too young or what? I guess at 28 (almost 29) I just look good?! hahahaha... I guess that's a bonus.
No comments:
Post a Comment