1/9/08

Tradition...



So, I have a New Years tradition with my buddy Jenna and it's to go to the beach on New Years (or a few days before or after) and make "New Years Resolutions" and "hopes" for the New Year. It's something that we started around six years ago and kind of a fun thing to do just the two of us. This "tradition" has become an amazing time of reflection for me pondering just what God has done in my life the year before. This year was a particular favorite of mine because there have been SO many things that have gone on. Also, my "hope" for this next year was different than those from years before. I decided that for this year, instead of making a list of things to complete and do (which is always a great thing), I decided to yield myself. All I want is to follow the Lord in where He leads me. I also cherished this time with Jenna. It's cool that although you don't talk to or see a friend as often as maybe you once did, you can hang out, catch up and just have nice conversation...

No comments: