7/20/08
I'm a Carpenter... okay, maybe NOT!
My dad owns a rental property- (it's actually the home that I grew up in) and the fence in the back side yard fell down. My dad is Mr Handy and I'm pretty sure has never paid anyone else to do labor that he can do himself and if he doesn't know how, he learns. He's spent the past few weekends on this project (I think he secretly enjoys manual labor) so I decided to offer my services this weekend. Usually me helping involves filling up his glass of iced tea, holding or fetching something. He had bigger plans for me! I had a birthday party to head out for immediately after so I put on my bathing suit, a skirt, tank top and flip flops. My dad actually laughed at me when he saw me and asked if I was joking. I said no and asked why... well, his job was to carry the wood planks from one area to another. UH!!! He hands me gloves and I began sweating and getting VERY dirty. I'm okay with both but it was unexpected. I kept seeing my dad shaking his head at me at my laboring attire. I think he took a pic with his phone so I'll post as soon as I get that! I think he was most disappointed because his tom-boy has turned into a girl! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment