This past Saturday I joined a group of people from my church and we traveled down to Mexico for a day at Grace Children's Home. It was so much more than I could've expected. It was a great time and I really can't wait to go back. The kids were sweet! The family who runs the home (I didn't get to meet them) left a list of things that needed to be done and we got to work! A few of the ladies and I grabbed some cleaner and rags and got to work while some of the guys did some labor (painting and putting beds together is what I heard). Everyone else got to hang with the kids. At one point there was a huge group just sitting and playing games with the kids and it was the greatest sight! Rosy and I got to trim finger and toe nails which was quite the experience! :) I'll post pics when I upload them from my camera. I'm thankful for the day, God allowed me to be stretched and just enjoy the company of the kids and hanging with a great group.
7/28/08
Mexico Orphange
This past Saturday I joined a group of people from my church and we traveled down to Mexico for a day at Grace Children's Home. It was so much more than I could've expected. It was a great time and I really can't wait to go back. The kids were sweet! The family who runs the home (I didn't get to meet them) left a list of things that needed to be done and we got to work! A few of the ladies and I grabbed some cleaner and rags and got to work while some of the guys did some labor (painting and putting beds together is what I heard). Everyone else got to hang with the kids. At one point there was a huge group just sitting and playing games with the kids and it was the greatest sight! Rosy and I got to trim finger and toe nails which was quite the experience! :) I'll post pics when I upload them from my camera. I'm thankful for the day, God allowed me to be stretched and just enjoy the company of the kids and hanging with a great group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment