
Let me just say to my best friend, my sister and pal- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She's 25 and I've known her for many of the years that she's been alive. She is a friend whom I have shared great laughs, tears, battles, fights, discoveries, prayer, and silly times with. I love her, am thankful that God brought her into my life and look forward to getting to see the ways that He continues to grow her.
For her big 2-5, Tori, Terry and I decided to throw her a suprise party (this is difficult, she figures EVERYTHING out!). It was tonight and for the past week and a half I've been planning and plotting how everything would go down. The first thing were the invites. I sent out many texts and messages over Facebook inviting as many friends that I could think of. Funny thing is, people these days DON'T RSVP! I did have the majority of people rsvp which I was thankful for however and it was looking like this was going to be a great turn out.Next, w
here to have it? We decided on having it at the Schleiger's. It just made the most sense. It ended up being great!
here to have it? We decided on having it at the Schleiger's. It just made the most sense. It ended up being great!Now, how were we gonna get her to her party and who would distract her. Oh, me, me! Yes, I claimed that job. Here was my plan: I would pick her up from Volleyball practice, leave her car, go get pierced (ears, nothing crazy!), depending on time have dinner and go back to her house to "pick Tori up" which equalled her being Suprised! When I asked her to hang tonight for her birthday she totally accepted. The problem was that she wanted to go shower before we left for our celebration extravaganza. (OH NO!) I freaked and told her not to play or sweat. She kept slightly changing plans on where we were meeting and when but for the most part we were good to go. Several times I lied to her this week because she would ask me what I was doing and I obviously couldn't tell her, "stuff for your party". LAME! It's okay to lie if it's for a good cause right?! I'm so using that as my justification for sinning. Anyhow, I picked Tawney up from the Stead's and Jon starts asking me where we're going (he totally knows though!). I told him we were going Speed Dating (think the movie, Hitch). Pogo laughed at that. I gave her little clues all the while fabricating this plan for the evening (lying). She wasn't even asking questions, I don't know WHY I kept making things up (lying)! We went and got her rook (ear) pierced. That didn't take nearly long enough! I was sweating!!! We went for appetizers at Road House and I was trying to drag it out as long as possible. Funny how you can think of NOTHING to say when you need to!!! My phone was blowing up! I couldn't tell her who was calling because she might ask why. Sooo... I made up a story (lie). Seeing a pattern?! I was a LIAR! We left and I told her we were going to pick up Tori (yes, another LIE). Everyone jumped out to shout "Suprise", and she just about jumped out of her skin. She was definitely suprised. YAY! :) Funny thing was, throughout the night she kept asking if we were still going Speed Dating. I told her it was at a church in San Diego. She responded that I know her better than that and I better NOT be taking her to anything like that. It was SOOO funny!!! Little does she know that's her Christmas present!




1 comment:
You are the best!! I never check this thing... but this night was amazing and I am truly blessed by your amazing friendship!!
You are SOOOO lucky we didnt go speed dating... I would have straight walked out!
Post a Comment