8/18/08

Whoever said singles were lonely?!


Tonight we (Kaleo- my church's young adult/college ministry) had a get together at the Perez's house. It was pretty fun! I think about 20 people showed up and we bbq'd, ate, swam, played ping pong, and bonfired it up! I got put in charge of food which was fun. The Perez girls (Liana and Julia) helped me assemble our chicken and beef kabobs. They were great helpers. I love those girls and have recently been challenged by my role in their lives. I want to make an impact and disciple them even now as very young girls. They were totally clingy tonight and I don't know if it's okay to say but I LOVED IT! :) So after our kabobs were assembled and heavily marinated, I assumed the task of bbqing. Good news, NOTHING burned! yay for me! My bbq experience up until now was awful but I think I've redeemed myself and am now equipped to handle the task. I was proud! Andrea made yummy sides to accompany and thankfully, no one died, puked or shamelessly hid food in their napkins for later disposal (that I knew of). After dinner a few of the guys played some ping pong and after working up a sweat proceeded to empty out the Perez pool of any water that was once in it by embarrassing themselves with awful cannonballs and bellyflops. :) We hung and chatted for a while before heading back outside for a bonfire (the term "bonfire" is loosely used here...). We had the fire but the bon was lacking. I think a lighter may put off more heat but hey, who's complaining? We had all the fixins for s'mores but forgot an key tool for the process... metal skewers! Keri and Matt used their fingers! I of course was panicking and being crazy mom status as I often do. Joe tried to one up them and use his mouth (I was secretly thinking how funny it would be if his gotee caught on fire- is that bad?). After the s'more debacle, we hung and had coffee and conversation. It was really fun! See, single people have fun!!! :) Thank you Perez's for opening up your home to us- I love you guys more than I could ever express!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really was a great night of fellowship! Thanks for being so willing to serve... and that coffee.... oh boy the coffee..... but it was well worth every waking moment through the night :)