OODLESUVFUN

10/27/08

Paint Lessons!!!

So my coworker and friend, Susan is a talented artist. She is constantly bringing in her work for display and feedback on what we think. I continue to be amazed at the talent and love that she has for this. After almost 7 years of hearing about and discussing art I asked her if she could teach me how to paint. My style is much different than hers. She does a lot of landscape and I was looking at doing something more eclectic like a collage or something abstract. She said that she'd love to have me over to her studio to teach me a few things so I swooped that opportunity up! I went with some things in mind for my piece and she got me going. It was SOOO much fun! I definitely think I have a new hobby. We worked with acrylics and I had a lot of fun mixing and making colors. There's a brief glance at the background of my piece. I almost completely finished it tonight!!! I have another blank canvas and plans to return VERY soon! Her studio is AMAZING! Thanks Susan!



1 comment:

The Murphy Family said...

Oooo... I am so jealous! I love "Crafty" stuff!

30.10.08

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
oodlesuvfun
I recently received my license in cosmetology after graduating from Fullerton Community College's program. I love doing hair and makeup and I look forward to starting in a salon soon. I enjoy pushing my limits and trying new things- some of my friends think I'm crazy. :) I'm a transplant into the OC and I'm loving the people I'm meeeting and new friends that I am making... also, and most importantly, my purpose is to serve Christ and honor Him in all that I do.
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

  • ►  2011 (6)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2010 (21)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2009 (27)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2008 (164)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ▼  October (11)
      • Paint Lessons!!!
      • Back to School...
      • Tales From Nik's Kitchen- Raspberry Cream Cheese M...
      • Melting Pot with Sunshine
      • Shopping Day with the Girls
      • Precious is DRIVING!
      • Damsel's In Distress
      • Romans 12:17-19
      • Just One of the Guys...
      • Time for some reflection- personal Nickie journaling
      • RECIPES and baking!!! GREAT Banana Choc Chip Muffins
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (42)
    • ►  January (10)

**My Friends**

  • Cobb's
  • Courntey Montoya
  • Dodson's
  • Drollingers
  • Emmaleigh photography
  • Gilliland's
  • Gumbert's
  • Heather Schaffner
  • Henry's
  • Jenny McDonald
  • Miller's
  • Nic Lazz
  • Sivilay's
  • Stead's
  • Tracy Dodson Photography
  • White Fam

Sweet Sites

  • Kaleo
  • Mars Hill Church
  • Pioneer Woman
  • Radical Womanhood
  • Pyromaniacs
  • Pecadillo- HILARIOUS

my FAVORITE place to be...

My sis Cheyanne, me, brothers Steve and Travis


"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for." CH Spurgeon

Soundtrack to my life

  • Anberlin
  • Augustana- Can't Love, Can't Hurt
  • Brett Dennon
  • Coldplay
  • Hillsong
  • Jack Johnson (esp Brushfire Fairytales)
  • Jimmy Eat World
  • Jonny Lang- Turn Around
  • Joshua Radin- We Were Here
  • Leeland
  • Oldies but Goodies!! (Tom Petty, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Bob Segar, Prince, MJ, Madonna- nothing after the 80's, Journey
  • Shawn McDonald (anything by him!)
  • Sometimes I like to get down... Black Eyed Peas, Jason Derulo, TI, Rihanna, Jay-Z
  • TAKING BACK SUNDAY
  • the Spill Canvas
  • the Weepies
  • Trevor Hall- Lace Up Your Shoes
  • Tristan Prettyman- Twenty Three
  • U2

Bro Steve, sis Kara, me and bro Ryon
Simple theme. Theme images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.