I guess I decided I wanted a fun title for my cooking experiences… what do I think of this one??? Hmmm… we’ll keep it for now.
I was back at it again last night! I can’t wait to have a place of my own someday; I dream of it having a kitchen which is fully stocked. Oh how I long for a Cuisinart Mixer (you know, the cool, heavy ones that you can get in fun colors?! Mine would be red, or maybe green. Do they come in green? That would be SWEET!) and a good food processor (I haven’t pledged allegiance to any one brand for that yet). Anyway, I needed to bake some things for Penny’s baby shower (it’s a dessert shower) and I got a request for The Pioneer Woman’s, Brown Betty recipe again. I got all the fixin’s for it. I hope it’s as good as it was last time but I’m not so sure it will be. I was making it from memory and I TOTALLY forgot to add the apples and didn’t realize it until the thing was completely assembled!!! I had to take it apart and add the delicious, green, crisp goodness. I quickly disassembled and reassembled with ease (I’m that good!). Okay, let’s be honest… it’s like the EASIEST recipe on the planet so it was a matter of transferring from one bowl to the other. I can definitely handle that! Got that done- check! (And yes, I said THOSE, meaning two. See, the request was from the Dodson clan- Tracy to be exact- and I made them their own to indulge in together. Wonder how that gym experience is going??? Like I can talk though!) I picked up a new recipe on a sweet site that I’ve been using a lot lately (www.muffinrecipes.net). I’m acutely obsessed with muffins. Can’t get enough of them. I’m not even interested in eating them as much as just that I love baking them. They’re SO EASY and the added bonus is that they bring delight to all who partake in these little handfuls of goodness! The recipe that won out for last nights experiment was RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE MUFFINS. One word- YUM! My coworker couldn’t say enough about how great they were and so I can say with confidence, try this recipe. You can make new friends with these babies!
Raspberry Cheesecake Muffins
Ingredients:
1 C Fresh Raspberries (I actually used frozen because they were cheaper)
3 Eggs
1 C Sugar
1 3oz Pkt Cream Cheese
6 tablespoons Butter (I used salted, it tastes better and margarine doesn’t work well with baking EVER)
1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla
2 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
2 C Plain Flour
½ teaspoons Salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Grease muffin tin or line (I used foil liners which will work better with these muffins)
In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese with ¼ C of sugar, 1 egg and ½ teaspoon of vanilla until completely mixed and put to the side for later.
In a saucepan, combine the butter, milk and remaining vanilla and stir continually over a medium heat until the butter is completely melted. (NOTICE THAT MILK WAS NEVER ON THE INGREDIENTS?! YES, I NOTICED RIGHT ABOUT THE TIME THAT IT SAID TO ADD IT INTO THE SAUCEPAN! HUH?! I JUST DID ¼ CUP AND EVERYTHING WORKED OUT A-OKAY. JUST THOUGHT I’D LET YOU EXPERIENCE THE SAME PANIC AS I DID… UNLESS YOU ARE MORE OBSERVANT THAN ME AND ALREADY NOTICED THAT…)
Cool the mixture until warm to the touch then beat in the remaining 2 eggs, 1 at a time.
In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, flour, salt and remaining ¾ C of sugar.
Add butter and milk mixture to the flour and baking powder mixture and stir until blended.
Add raspberries and gently fold into mixture. (I really think that the frozen were GREAT. Just be sure they are defrosted and I used the juice from them as well. I also was pretty liberal with my amount just because I LOVE raspberries!)
Divide the mixture equally among each muffin tin.
Spoon approximately 2 teaspoons of cream cheese mixture on top of each of the muffins.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are springy but firm.
Oh yeah, I got a nasty battle wound from last night too! I totally burned my finger and today it’s all red and it stings! Oh well, I guess that’s what I get. Guess if I can’t stand the heat, I should stay outta the kitchen or something like that right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment