Today I got to join Brett and Nicole for their engagement photo's photo shoot. It was totally last minute but Nicole and I had gone to go try on my bridesmaid dress (that's a whole other story that I share at the end of this...) when she got a call from Tim that he was ready and waiting and they needed someone to "reflect" (come again?!) for them. Oh yes, and wear tennis shoes because we're going to be hiking to where some wild poppies are growing! I'm cool with hiking but can you just hike up any random hill off the side of a road?! Apparently you can! So we go to Elsinore and hike a little (okay, it totally WAS NOT a hike- more like a VERY short walk.) to the spot that Tim had scooped out. Now was time for the fun to begin. Tim sets them up and starts shootin'. Well, it's way too bright out there so he hands me this thing (it looked like one of those things that fold up into a circle and when you park your car you bring it out, unfold it, and then stick it in your windshield to keep your car cool.) I unfold it and it's silver on one side gold on the other. I just wanted to use it to attract the sun and work on my tan but it wasn't working for everyone else involved (SELFISH!). That ended up not helping so we flipped the thing a different way so that I could use it to SHADE THEM! WHAT?! It was warm today, Tim and I are sweating but they get to be SHADED! I might as well have fanned them while I was at it! The funny thing was when they were standing up (each being 6 feet tall) they were higher up on the hill than me (who is 5 foot and one half inch tall) so I was standing on my tip toes, fully stretched with arms high over my head to be able to shade them completely! It was hilarious! I had a great time and got to laugh a lot! Can't wait to see the pics!!! I wish I had one of me looking rediculous but I was only the laborer! :)
Bridesmaid Dress...
So before the photo shoot Nicole had called me a few times to see if I could go try on dresses for the wedding. We ended up meeting to try on the dress (it's SOOOO cute!!!) and see how it would look (I NEED to go to the gym!!!). Today probably wasn't the best day to go. I was a little emotional, SO not feeling cute and not in a very good mood. In the end it was fun though! Another bonding experience for my friend and I. I'm so thankful for Brett and Nicole and what their friendship has become to me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment