A few things that are rocking my socks off right now...
I've recently discovered that you can subscribe via podcast to the worship for Mars Hill Church in Seattle!!! My friend Nic hooked me up and I'm having such an amazing time listening to it! Check it out- you can get it from itunes!
If you don't already subscribe to the Faith Bible Church podcasts you need to. It's a MUST and has been an amazing blessing to me. Chris is currently taking us through a study of Ephesians and chapter 5 lands us right in the middle of the roles of men and women and marriage. (WOOHOO!!!) Wait, I'm not married... well, I've been blessed, challenged AND convicted! I don't wanna steal Chris' thunder so you have to listen for yourself. However, I am going to share about the message this morning. We were in Eph 5:25-27 and Chris started his sermon by challenging singles (that's me!!!) about how we are to select a spouse (hmmmm....). I was taking notes so feverishly that I can barely read them (AND I think my hand is still cramped- darn I need to learn SHORTHAND!) I have underlined AND circled in my sermon journal (also written 4 times) "I need to be looking for a man who loves Christ more than he loves me". AMEN! Men need to be: the responsible leader of his bride, a sacrificial lover of his bride, and to love his bride. I've learned so much about who I am to be as a woman who desires to please and glorify the Lord as well as have been challenged that the standards and desires that I have for a husband are those that God has set. Download the series, you won't be disappointed (like you could be listening to the Word?!)
Next, I had the opportunity to join the highschool ministry this morning for their bible study hour (it was actually my second week). They're going through a series based on the book by Jerry Bridges, Respectable Sins. Well last week was on Selfishness (OUCH) and this week was on Self-control (double ouch!!!). I want to read the book now (great, add it to the list!). Pat Wilkes taught and he did a great job! I'm sure I'll post more specifically about the sermon this am and Pat's teaching as well but I need time to reflect and absorb some... I'm being ROCKED. I LOVE IT! :)
I missed Kaleo tonight to just BE HOME! It's been great but I missed Erick's teaching and my friends... :(
No comments:
Post a Comment