3/30/08
WEEKEND RE-CAP... housesitting, costumes and a bonfire
Since Thursday I have traveled 328 miles. That's approximately $80 worth of gas, give a take a few bucks. (I MUST get rid of my beast SOON! Anyone selling a car?!) I was housesitting for my parents and also for a friend in Oceanside. Well, I had to drive back and forth far more times than I would've cared too but it was fun. Sunshine stayed with me Thursday night and we made a fruit pizza. We had fun! Pogo stayed with me Friday and Saturday and that was fun as well. We were pretty much bums on Friday though- we just sat home and watched tv (hey, we don't have cable!!!). Saturday I got to meet up with Tracy Farrell and we tried on costumes for a youth event that I'm participating in this Friday (April 4th... PRAY FOR THE KIDS who will be there- the gospel will be shared!). Anyhow, we met and were in search of "western" costumes. We laughed a LOT! Pretty much Tracy can't move in her costume and she will truly be the Rhinestone Cowboy! I am a saloon girl (whatever that means)! I can assure you it's extremely modest. We rented them and will get to wear them in public Friday evening (hmmm... I'm thinking that will DEFINITELY be in a future post!) After that Tawney and I met some friends in Oceanside for a BONFIRE. It was kinda cold but a ton of people showed up. Brad organized and the night went off and a ton of fun and fellowship was had despite some rain. It was a little bittersweet because it kind of marked the end of Spring Break and meant everyone going back to the grind and B-rad back to school. I miss that guy!!! I did get to see some of my peeps who I hadn't seen in a while. It's so cool to catch up and hear what the Lord is doing in people's lives! We rolled into bed at like 12 or later and had to get up at the butt-crack for church this am so I've been dragging today but all in all I can't complain. The weekend was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment