
Mark Driscoll, pastor or Mars Hill Church in Seattle, Washington is now preaching through Song of Solomon. He's titling the series The Peasant Princess and today I took the opportunity to catch up on the first two sermons in what I'm sure will be a long series. They were both great. I appreciate the ability that he has to accurately handle scripture and deliver it in a way that is unique and can reach a different group of people than most pastors have the ability to reach. Seriously, check him out. He's definitely NOT for everyone. I can see many of my conservative friends may be a little taken aback by his blunt and bold deliveries but he's beginning to be a hit around the Peterson house. Yes, the home where I've never seen my Step Monster and can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen my dad attend church are listening to Driscoll! I think it's pretty funny actually but sweet to see God using this pastor to help me reach my family. Praise the Lord that He's given us each unique abilities and characters so that we can reach one another in different ways. I personally am excited about this series because I've never studied this book of the Bible so I look forward to having a deeper understanding in this portion of scripture. Also, I can't remember the last time I listened to a one hour sermon and it went by so quickly! An added bonus- when you go to the website that I'm about to share, you can also download Mars Hill Church's worship bands for FREE! Check out Northern Conspiracy, they're the best!
SO... go there now! CLICK HERE :)
No comments:
Post a Comment