***Slight Revision thanks to Tracy! :) I DID mean idolatry. I'm certainly not confessing to all who read my blog that I struggle with adultery (which I don't)... Funny that I did that twice- OOPS!
I'm sitting here at 8pm on a Thursday night. Being home is a weird feeling. Definitely not good or bad but I'm finding myself a little uncomfortable and unsure what to do. I picked up a recent book purchase and read a few pages. The book I'm reading is called, Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave, by Edward T Welch. So far it's incredible and I look forward to gaining an insight on possible addictions (aka adultery) which motivate my heart to serve these things- or ultimately myself, before the Lord. The idea is presented that our intention is not to serve an idol instead of the Lord but we want what that idol offers and in the process of obtaining whatever that might be we become enslaved to that particular addiction/idol. Pretty good stuff!
So... why am I home is the question of the hour. I had to pick my little sister up from her tennis match this evening while my parents were in the ER with my little brother who had to have an emergency appendectomy after complaining to my stepmom all day about vomiting and not feeling well. He even drove himself to the store to get Pepto Bismol! Poor kid! Anyhow, I'm on mom duty tonight- not that she needs supervision, she's just afraid of the dark. Never a dull moment at Casa de Peterson I tell ya!
Being home is providing the opportunity to pack and get ready for my weekend. While all of my friends (okay, most of my friends) are packing up to head out to Joshua Tree for a weekend retreat of hiking, fellowship, worship (song and Word) and having fun without me, I got roped into watching my little brother and sister (mom's kids) for the weekend so that my mom and step dad can get away for her birthday. (THAT WAS THE LONGEST RUN ON SENTENCE ON THE PLANET!) I have BIG plans! Cheyanne is growing up (which I think my mom is in denial about) so I am going to teach her a few things. First, I'm going to show her how to crochet. My grandma taught me and why not pass that along? It will give us a great opportunity to chat as well so I'm excited for that. Secondly, she's going to learn some cooking and baking skills. We're going to bake all day Saturday (I found some GREAT recipes that I'm dying to try- mango coffee cake and pumkin chocolate chip muffins) and cook dinner Saturday night. She's cute. I asked her what she wanted to learn how to make and she said rice crispy treats and spaghetti. I think I can do that without screwing up! :) I'm sure I'll have a funny story to share and hopefully some pics of our girly adventures. We'll just stick Travis on the video games and he'll be good to go.
2 comments:
I just ordered that book. I can't wait to start it. We will miss you this weekend.
what is with you and adultery?? Did you mean "idolatry????"
read your first paragraph.
I have never heard someone say, "I am addicted to adultery"
ha ha - let me know!!!
Post a Comment