9/10/08

The Prodigal Son Returns... kinda?

I can't hold in my excitement any longer!!! I can't believe that this wasn't my FIRST post today!!! Well, I got the news today over google messanger... *drumroll* NIC LAZZ is coming back!!! YAY! I've been praying for over a year for this guy to come home. I met Nic when he and his crew came to Las Brisas and they were all tatted and pierced and I thought to myself- I'm going to love those people and share the gospel with them. Well, I started out with saying hi and introducing myself to them. Little did I know that those three individuals would be used to grow me in my faith and maturity in Christ. Nic lived with the Schleiger's for a bit and was adopted by all of us as family. He's like the grumpy old man one minute (all crotchety, reading his Luther, Calvin or some other past theological book) to a total mountain man the next (sleeping in a sleeping bag when there's a perfectly functioning bed inches away. I think he secretly wants to be a monk). But the stories of China and stepping out in faith to reach a lost world. That's where God used this guy to open my eyes and change my perspective. I realized where I was not being faithful and obedient in going out and sharing the gospel. Oh and who could leave out the summer camp that he, Jen and I took 15 high schoolers to Hume SD?! We had so much fun and wrecked those kids! :) Nic's a brother and I'm thankful for his friendship. So after all that I think I explained why this will be a better place when he gets back! :)

No comments: