5/8/08

Pickup Lines...

Yesterday I received the CHEESIEST pickup line ever but it was funny. I went to a friends for dinner and they asked me to bring bread so I stopped at the store on my way over. I hopped in the express line and a guy (probably around 30 and looked like he was in construction of some sort) followed behind and asked me if that was the express line. I turned around and pointed at the sign at the register and said, “That’s what the sign says.” He put his stuff behind mine on the belt. Well, a few moments later he said, “Looks like your bread is lonely.” I was a little confused and said, “Excuse me?” He repeated, “Looks like your bread is lonely. Maybe I could buy some pasta and they could keep each other company.” I was speechless. How do you respond to that?! I kinda laughed and the checker was looking at me and I’m sure waiting for a response. I finally looked at her and then him and said, “I’ve got nothing. I’m totally stumped and have no comeback!” We all laughed- it was pretty funny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is classic :) I love it!

Anonymous said...

That is classic :) I love it!