4/28/08

My bet with a 10 year old!

I have so much to post and so much time has passed that I'm not sure where to start! Well, I'll share the funny bet I have going with Nathaniel Dodson. We watched American Idol when I babysat and basically he likes David Cook (so do I, he's really talented) but the whole time I've wanted Brooke White to win (which she won't because she keeps messing up) but my VERY close second is Jason (he's cute!). Well, Nathaniel insisted that Jason stinks and that David is going to beat him (he probably will). I said, "NO WAY!" just to get him going. We bantered back and forth for a while and finally I said, "I bet you Jason makes it further in the competition than David." All of the kids joined in agreeing that I was sadly mistaken. I said, "Nathaniel, I bet you that Jason makes it further than David and when he does, you have to jump into the pool fully clothed." He came back with, "okay because he never will. " I asked him what I had to do if David made it further (thinking that he'd make me jump in the pool). He thought hard for a few seconds and said, "give me a dollar." I came back with "DEAL"! SOOO funny! I felt like it was a safe bet... I'm only going to lose a dollar. I've been giving him a hard time when I see him at church though. I told him I have a towel ready for him! He's so cute! Guess I better make sure I have a dollar on hand. I should give it to him in PENNIES!!!Here's Nathaniel watching David Cook with immense appreciation for his talent!!! :)

No comments: