4/23/08

My Catapult into a New Phase of Life???

So today I was catapulted into a world that I thought was far off from where I currently was. I was sitting at work examining my hair in a mirror (I was a little bored) looking at how out of control my roots were and saw something peculiar. I put my glasses on and brought the mirror closer to my face. No, it wasn't- was it?! I began to pull the two strands out for further inspection. Finally achieving a good pluck I realized that it HURT! These hairs were a lot more course than my "normal" hair... Wait, they were light. I'm not blonde right?! Look in the mirror again- check, I'm a brunette. Well, it appeared that they had a specific sparkle to them but not a pretty sparkle. No, it couldn't be. I'm only 26! Could it?! I call in a co-worker to examine the strands of hair that have been evicted from my head. I ask her, "what do these look like to you?!" She totally ignores me and asks what it is. I think I stuttered a bit but it finally came out. I said, "I think I have gray hairs!" She kind of laughed at me. I asked if I was possibly old enough to have this be the case and she confirmed. I responded but I'm NOT EVEN MARRIED AND I DON'T HAVE KIDS! I'm still fun and young! I proceeded to call my grandma and text my mom. Both confirmed that I'm getting older and this is the process of life. UH!!! So, today I was catapulted into a different world. It happened upon entering puberty and it's happening again! I'm not ready for gray hair or anything else that comes along with that. I'm hitting up the hair dye STAT! I'm NOT okay with this!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My brother started getting gray at 181 It's down hill from now! I will wear black on Sunday in memory of your once brown hair! :-)

Love, Michelle

P.S. Thank you for watching our doggie!