4/7/08
My Family's Home is Quarantined!
Funny story... today at work I answered the phone and it was an automated voice telling me that we were receiving a text message. I pushed 1 to accept and again the auto voice came on calling out the phone number (which I did not pay attention to) and the message which was: "come make us chicken soup" (in a robot voice). I was like, huh?! Didn't think much of it. The phone rang a couple of hours later and it was my step mom. She said, I tried texting you earlier but I accidentally sent it to your work! I totally had received it! I didn't even know that you could text a land line! We were laughing about that and then she went on to tell me that the three of them (dad, Janine and Kara) were all really sick. Kara even had a 103 degree temperature. So, they wanted me to come make them home made chicken noodle soup. She was already out and about so I gave her my list of ingredients and I jammed over there right after work. They were SO funny! Kara was using the paging system on her phone to communicate downstairs. My dad was laying on the couch under a blanket and Janine was up and down. I made them open windows to let fresh air circulate and was praying that I don't get whatever it is that they have! :) So I made homemade chicken noodle soup and these little sandwich things and we had dinner as a family. It was really nice. I don't remember many times growing up that my dad, Stevie and I would have dinner together at an actual table. We did that AND we engaged in conversation! I bowed my head to pray and when I looked up, all of their heads were bowed. They were waiting for me to pray! That is HUGE because this is SO NOT part of their lives. I find joy in that small gesture to hope that their hearts are possibly softening and I even feel like possibly the Lord allowed that to ease anxieties of moving home. We had a great night and I got to hang for a while and see pics of their recent vacation to Utah where they went dirtbike riding and hiking and we watched a movie. It's 10 o'clock now and I seriously feel like it's after midnight!!! I DID NOT sleep last night! I'll have to post about my nightmare as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment