Going to bed last night wasn't really that different from any other night. I got home (late), checked email, surfed my facebook and read a little before tucking myself in. Well, let me mention that prior to that I chatted with Brad for a while- just catching up and chatting, etc. I also mentioned that I REALLY need to go to the gym (there are more reasons for that then I need to mention). I vaguely remember him asking me, "what time do you have to get up to go to the gym anyway?" I answered, we chatted for a while longer and that was that. Also, Brad and I pretty much have this open book policy that anything is free reign to ask about. It's proven to be great accountability and he's like a brother to me who looks out for me and stuff. Anyway, my alarm goes off and in the split second that I have the decision to hit SNOOZE or DISMISS I ponder the choice. I decided that since I really have been convicted about following through on things and being a woman of my word that I needed to hit DISMISS and get my booty in gear. I totally struggle with mornings and my ALARM (alarms were created so that my flesh could be tempted for sure!) but I hit it and almost immediately my phone rings... it's a distinct ring and Brad's big head pops up on my caller id. What was he doing calling me?! The sun wasn't even up yet! (Oh yeah, I have a rule, if the sun isn't up, I'M NOT! Until today anyway). I answer and say "Good morning!" he does the same and says "are you up?!" I respond that I am and he says good. I ask him what he's doing up this early and he says to make sure that I'm getting up to go to the gym. You see, that kind of sacrifice is great. The Bible says that we should bear one another's burdens but this morning, at that early hour I was thinking that my buddy was taking it a little too literally! :) Just kidding. I really appreciated the call and the fact that he knew that I really DESIRE to go to the gym but am struggling with actually getting there. This was important to me so he made it important to him in making sure that I followed through. THANKS FRIEND! By the way, my workout was great and I stuck to your advice and didn't talk to any dummies (literally)!!! Praise the Lord for the body of Christ huh? (no matter how big or insignificant something is we can exhort and encourage one another!!!)
2/12/08
Don't ask for accountability if you don't want it...
Going to bed last night wasn't really that different from any other night. I got home (late), checked email, surfed my facebook and read a little before tucking myself in. Well, let me mention that prior to that I chatted with Brad for a while- just catching up and chatting, etc. I also mentioned that I REALLY need to go to the gym (there are more reasons for that then I need to mention). I vaguely remember him asking me, "what time do you have to get up to go to the gym anyway?" I answered, we chatted for a while longer and that was that. Also, Brad and I pretty much have this open book policy that anything is free reign to ask about. It's proven to be great accountability and he's like a brother to me who looks out for me and stuff. Anyway, my alarm goes off and in the split second that I have the decision to hit SNOOZE or DISMISS I ponder the choice. I decided that since I really have been convicted about following through on things and being a woman of my word that I needed to hit DISMISS and get my booty in gear. I totally struggle with mornings and my ALARM (alarms were created so that my flesh could be tempted for sure!) but I hit it and almost immediately my phone rings... it's a distinct ring and Brad's big head pops up on my caller id. What was he doing calling me?! The sun wasn't even up yet! (Oh yeah, I have a rule, if the sun isn't up, I'M NOT! Until today anyway). I answer and say "Good morning!" he does the same and says "are you up?!" I respond that I am and he says good. I ask him what he's doing up this early and he says to make sure that I'm getting up to go to the gym. You see, that kind of sacrifice is great. The Bible says that we should bear one another's burdens but this morning, at that early hour I was thinking that my buddy was taking it a little too literally! :) Just kidding. I really appreciated the call and the fact that he knew that I really DESIRE to go to the gym but am struggling with actually getting there. This was important to me so he made it important to him in making sure that I followed through. THANKS FRIEND! By the way, my workout was great and I stuck to your advice and didn't talk to any dummies (literally)!!! Praise the Lord for the body of Christ huh? (no matter how big or insignificant something is we can exhort and encourage one another!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment