2/28/08

Going to the Doctors... just DON'T do it!

I have a hard time with accents. In fact I almost never understand people who have them and it frustrates me- not that they have them but that my brain won't let me understand!!!

This morning I woke up hacking (again) but today is a little different. You see, I feel like someone is punching me in the side! It really hurts to breath and when I cough, it almost sends me over the edge! Anyway, I decided to go to urgent care. The doctor on call is not my doctor and he is actually indian. As soon as I saw him I was like "GREAT! Nickie, TRY to listen and understand him... don't look like an idiot!" Well, that was not a success. The whole 10 minutes that he was in there talking to me was like that skit- who's on first and what's on second or whatever... Everything he said I followed with "huh?". SO embarrassing! It's worse because my ears are plugged and I'm having a hard time hearing. Basically he tells me that this thing is a virus and there's no medication that he can give me. I can take OTC drugs for coughing but I need to let it run it's course and it should be gone in about 5 weeks. (Good thing it's only been 3... I coulda missed out on the next 2!) He listens to my breathing and determines that it's not bronchitis or pneumonia and the horrible, excrutiating, worse than child labor pain that I'm experiencing is either a bruised rib or pulled muscle from the violent coughing attacks that I am having (mostly at night in bed while TRYING to sleep). I laughed a little at that. What really made me laugh was when I told Brad the story and he laughed saying that he was picturing a little demon poking/punching me in the side when I coughed. Kinda a funny thought since I FEEL like that! J/k Anyway, I'm glad to know that I'm not gonna die of some incurable disease and the doctor DID reassure me that it is not humanly possible to "hack up a lung" so things will be okay! Guess I can keep going on with the chaos of my schedule since rest isn't going to help me... right?!

No comments: