2/14/08

Fellowship...

I'm learning a lot about friends lately and God's breakin' me a bit... Like, what is a true friend? Am I? Do I honor and glorify God in every relationship? I'm sarcastic and I tease people but I've had to question why? Is it really just all in fun or is there something at the route of that? I'm totally just in the beginning stages of really examining myself and looking in scripture for some insight. I've been challenged by the time I'm spending with people... is it profitable or pointless? Am I making an effort to make it matter? Why do people spend time together? What's the point? Is it merely for fun and "fellowship"? And, what is fellowship; have I tainted it? All of these questions are flooding my mind and heart right now and I'm really feeling burdened. Sure, I enjoy just kicking it with friends and having fun but am I "wasting" time or making it count? I read the girltalk blog and was challenged by the questions. Am I forming and seeking relationships where I would ask and be asked these things??? I'm challenged... am I living a gospel centered life or a life of mediocrity, worldliness and compromise. There's no in between.

Here are some of the questions just in case you don't check out the link...

Stockxpertcom_id66407_size1_2 Describe your current practice of the spiritual disciplines.

Stockxpertcom_id66407_size1_2What is a passage of Scripture you have been meditating on recently?

Stockxpertcom_id66407_size1_2What fruit of the Spirit are you cultivating?

Stockxpertcom_id66407_size1_2What sin are you seeking to weaken?

Stockxpertcom_id66407_size1_2How can I pray for you?

Stockxpertcom_id66407_size1_2Here is an evidence of grace that I observe in your life.

Stockxpertcom_id66407_size1_2How are you seeking to grow in expressing biblical femininity?

No comments: