2/26/08

Tyrone Wells and Jon Foreman

Despite the fact that I may be suffering from the worst cold I've ever had in my life, I went to a concert last night at The Glass House, in Pomona. Emily drove and for whatever reason I gave her the impression that I knew where we were going. Well, that wasn't entirely the case. I knew AROUND where we were supposed to be going but didn't know the exact directions. Needless to say, we got lost!!! She hasn't been hanging out with me long enough to know that I get lost EVERYWHERE I go! Ask anyone, they'll tell you! We recovered (thanks to the help of David who got a map out when we called him- THANK YOU!) I went excited to see Jon Foreman (the lead singer for Switchfoot). His solo project is WAY better! Everyone else were huge fans of Tyrone Wells... about a half a song into his set, I realized why. He's extremely talented and is fun to watch! We had a good time hanging out but left early (during Foreman's set) because it was late and he wasn't too amazing live.

I love music! It's so fun to go see talent and I feel like somehow I get to be a part of it while standing in a crowd. Tyrone did say though that in the end it's all going to mean nothing. We need to love one another and live for Jesus Christ. It was sweet and his last song was really powerful. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to go!

No comments: