2/17/08

Farewell Emery



Just got home from seeing Emery and I'm sad to say that it's come and gone already! They were amazing. I did notice a few things tonight however...
1st- I'm probably 10 years older than most of the people there! (That's embarrassing! I'm like the old lady that I used to make fun of when I was a kid at shows!)
2nd- It's apparently cool to look like you let your blind, four year old sister cut your hair with a butter knife...
3rd- I am just too darn short!
Let me explain... Jenna and I drove down to San Diego (Soma), had dinner and walked over to the show. Got in and the lineup included As Cities Burn (I REALLY liked them!), Pierce the Veil (Liked them too but the lead singer kinda sounded like a chipmunk but they kinda had the Coheed thing going on), Mayday Parade (they too were great) and another band that I didn't care for too much and can't remember their name. I'm thinking that As Cities Burn was a Christian band based on their lyrics but not sure. We got in and I was so ready for some fun! We hung back for the first few bands and headed toward the front for Pierce the Veil. Well, actually we were kinda in the middle but this HUGE (300+ pound) Samoan security guard planted himself right in front of me! I'm too short to be stuck behind someone of his size so I'm trying to peak around him and it's not really working! (I actually had to move a few times prior to that because with me being 5' and 1/2" I can't see OVER anyone!) Well, Jenna decides that we need to move but the problem was that we were at the edge of the mosh pit so I was trying to figure out how to maneuver so that we didn't get clobbered on our way around. We end up moving to the front side of the pit and another opens up in front of us so we've basically got people flailing arms, kicking legs and bouncing off of others on both sides. I'm okay with that, I've mastered putting up my arms and bracing myself but I did realize that I'm kinda passed that stage of thinking that that is "SO FUN". It was a little fun I guess. Oh yes, there were of course the kids present who wear girl pants (tighter than I would EVER dare to wear!) and the "hesher" girls who are the ones who the blind little sisters cut their hair. Whatev, we all have our own style- I say, work it out. I would say half of the crowd left before the headliner (Emery) came on which was sweet because that's who we went to see! It was almost like a private concert there were so few people there! Overall, I had a ton of fun. Got to hear some great music, see a great show and hang with my Sunshine!

No comments: